The United States spends $160 billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multibillion-dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Customer Service Assistant Manager assists the Customer Service Manager in leading a team of customer service representatives (CSRs) and is responsible for supervising and coaching staff in a call center operations environment while promoting the highest level of customer service excellence and attaining identified service-level requirements.
Principal Job Duties:
- Greet customers in a friendly manner, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a positive attitude.
- Develop a rapport with the customer base that uses The Ohio State University parking system, a large, complex parking operation located on a college campus.
- Resolve and/or address more complex customer service issues or questions, and escalate issues as needed.
- Develop proficiency in the use of computer systems used to answer customer calls, sell customer permits, manage customer accounts, and track customer issues.
- Assist visitors, students, faculty, and staff of The Ohio State University to obtain and purchase parking permits.
- Assist CSRs with cashiering procedures when processing a sale, refund, or return, and maintain all accounting reports and processing records for transactions, as required.
- Adjudicate customer citations through the appeal process.
- Adhere to standard responses when making and receiving calls and addressing routine inquiries.
- Assist customers in paying or disputing citations and modifying or updating account information.
- Enter all call data/information into the tracking system accurately, and maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of calls and calling activities.
- Communicate with co-workers and managers to remain up-to-date on any parking system information that may need to be relayed to customers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong database/technical background or ability to learn.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Strong understanding of computer systems.
- Call center experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Understanding and knowledge of The Ohio State University campus and surrounding layout preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Excellent phone, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Anticipate impact of change, and direct self and others in smoothly shifting gears.
- Uses ingenuity in dealing with ambiguous situations and guides others to cope effectively.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions, and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift, push, and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime; must be available and willing to work evenings and selected weekends when needed.
Location: OSU Campus - Columbus, OH
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.