The Spirit of the Position:
The Overnight Supervisor role is responsible for ensuring parking garages are cleaned and maintained on a daily basis. The Overnight Supervisor will “take ownership” of garages, ensuring that stairwells, elevator cabs, elevator lobbies, and garage payment machines are cleaned and welcoming to the many students, faculty, staff, and visitors that come to The Ohio State University on a daily basis. The Overnight Supervisor will also assist the overnight maintenance worker with lots closures, space captures and any other assigned projects. On occasion, supervisors will interface with customers and will be expected to assist the customer or point them to someone that can help solve their concerns, always with a smile and pleasant demeanor. Additionally, supervisors working in our organization must communicate with co-workers, supervisors, other departments, and management, all working toward common goals and a sense of achievement.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: This is a full-time third shift position with benefits. Shift is from 10:00 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday to Thursday
Location: OSU Campus
Principal Job Duties:
- Oversee Porter / Maintenance staff and ensure upkeep of garages, surface lots and other designated campus locations on a daily basis.
- Ensure Porter / Maintenance staff complete standard checks of equipment at the time of check out and at the end of the shift.
- Verify Daily Cleaning Checklist / Maintenance work orders are completed daily.
- Assist with keeping an accurate inventory of parts and equipment.
- Note and report any safety conditions or concerns relating to equipment of place of employment.
- Daily reports as required.
- Responsible for training of Porters / Maintenance staff on the maintenance of equipment and techniques of cleaning garages.
· Responsible for general maintenance of the garage – sweeping, dusting handrails, wiping down surfaces and equipment, snow removal, picking up trash, emptying trash, cleaning elevator door sills, polishing elevator cabs, etc.
· Responsible for seasonal work such as snow removal from parking lots and garages.
· Handle vehicles, tools, and any other assigned equipment in a safe manner, with care and respect.
· Operate garage/floor sweeper and scrubber to ensure floors are clean and safe.
· Must be willing to clean up bodily waste left behind in garages (vomit, urine, etc.).
· Responsible for performing all daily duties listed on the Weekly Cleaning Checklist in an efficient and timely manner.
· Must promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
o Develop a rapport with customers.
o Greet customers by name or in an otherwise friendly manner.
o Display a caring attitude.
o Be responsive and timely with problem resolution and any necessary communication.
· Assist customers as needed over the intercom system, in lobbies, in lanes, and in the parking office.
· Provide vehicle assistance to customers in garages and surface lots (inflate tires, jump starts, etc.).
· Fix broken equipment, signs, poles and any other equipment in the lots or garages or report to Maintenance Manager the need for the repair
· Assist with other departments as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience cleaning facilities, garages, surface lots, or equivalent is required.
- Experience or general understanding of facility maintenance is preferred.
- Experience in customer relations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate Maintenance vehicles or have the ability and willingness to learn how to operate maintenance vehicles (sweeper, Kubota, Gator, etc.).
· Willingness to work in the elements (rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.).
· Willingness to be flexible and to work in multiple facility locations.
· Must be open to working overtime when needed.
· Must be able to work unsupervised.
· Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
· Ability to handle challenging and, at times, emotionally charged situations.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
· Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to work within a team setting and build rapport with peers and supervisors.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.