General Manager - Ypsilanti
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The General Manager (Michigan Region) will be the leader for all business operations and development in our newly acquired city of Ypsilanti, MI. This responsibility will focus on managing a parking garage along with several surface lots. The manager will be responsible for new business development, financial and operations management, human resources, organization effectiveness, employee development and profit delivery. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the General Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and the Regional Vice President while supporting the individual needs of their operational teams throughout the region.
Principal Job Duties:
- Develop a strategic business plan and direction for the assigned region with approval from Regional Vice President.
- Responsible for developing client relationships and business retention.
- This account will be responsible for handling both monthly and transient parkers.
- Create, develop, support and enforce parking rules and regulations for property.
- Work to build a positive, strategic and trusting relationship with clients.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives. that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Assist the region with the business development, proposal, presentation, and transitions for new locations.
- Lead, direct, and develop management team to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Monthly review of profit/loss and budget by location with assigned region.
- Organize and narrate parking management skills for Directors of Operations, Operations Managers and Facility Managers.
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned region.
- Participate in labor contract management if applicable to assigned region.
- Review and edit proposed parking, maintenance, etc. agreements.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned region.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· MBA preferred.
- 8+ years in Parking Operations Management
- Experience interacting with unions and collective bargaining agreements is strongly preferred.
- Experience with financial, accounting and reporting practices, procedures and processes.
· Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
· Strong customer service and client management skills and abilities.
· Desire and willingness to compete for business and the patience necessary to be successful in achieving goals established for assigned region.
· Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
· Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
· Demonstrated leadership skills including management development skills and mentoring ability.
· Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
· Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and multi-task.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.